Christmas Celebrations 2017
The Worsley Arms is the ideal setting for your Festive break. With decorated trees, festive decorations and welcoming fires we have all the trappings for a traditional Christmas celebration.
Our packages are based on a two or three night stay arriving Friday 23rd or Saturday 24th December with a tempting offer to encourage you to stay longer on a bed and breakfast or dinner bed and breakfast basis.
As usual we will be offering our popular festive quiz, jigsaws, puzzles and film shows to keep you entertained during your stay.
- Check in at your leisure, a reviving cup of tea with cream scones will be served in the lounges between 3.30pm and 4.30pm.
- The ever popular 'Christingle Service' will be held in the village church at 4pm, as always there is an open invitation extended to all of our residents who wish to attend.
- A candle lit dinner will be held in the dining room from 6.30pm Head Chef Andrew Jones will be producing a special four course menu for you to enjoy.
- After dinner relax in front of the fire with coffee and homemade fudge. Our local Silver Band will be popping in before bedtime to play a selection of carols and festive favourites.
- This year Midnight Mass will be held in the Church Of All Saints Hovingham, the time is yet to be confirmed. Warm mince pies and mulled wine will await your return.
- After a leisurely breakfast and with weather permitting enjoy a stroll in the beautiful Ryedale countryside, details of circular walks from the village will be available from reception.
- Christmas Lunch will be served in the dining room from noon with last at sitting at 1.45pm. (A pre-order will be arranged prior to your arrival).
- Christmas cake and tea will be served in the lounges between 4pm and 5.30pm. A buffet supper will be available from 7pm till 8.30pm in the dining room.
- Breakfast will be served in the dining room from 8am till 10am.
- For those guest's departing check out will be 11 am. For those staying on there will be a film show on the large screen in the Kent room at 3.30pm, complimentary popcorn provided!
- Dinner will be served in the dining room from 6.30pm.
Christmas Package Prices (prices quoted are 'per person' based on double occupancy and include lunch on Christmas Day)
- Standard Double Room
£360.00, Two Night Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
£440.00, Three Night Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Additional Nights £60.00 Bed and Breakfast or £80.00 Dinner Bed and Breakfast
- King Size / Twin
£380.00, Two Night Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
£460.00, Three Night Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Additional Nights Bed and Breakfast £65.00 or £85.00 Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
To secure your reservation we require a non-refundable deposit of £200.00 per person. Full payment will be required by 15th November 2017. In case of late cancellation no deposits can be refunded.
Payment may be made by debit card or BAC'S to Barclays 20-67-75 a/c 90570389.
There will be a limited number of tables available for non-residents to join us for lunch on Christmas Day priced at £79.00 per person.
Call us on 01653 628234 to book or if you have any questions.
Christmas Day Menu 2017:
A Welcoming Glass of Kir Royale
- Cream of roasted Jerusalem artichokes and chestnut veloute
- Roast Loch Fyne smoked salmon avocado delice, cold water prawns, bloody Mary sorbet, celery seed meringue, and rapeseed
- York herb fed chicken liver parfait, brioche crumb, sloe gin jelly, apple, herbs, toasted pistachio
- Charantais melon, hand sliced 18 month Parma ham, sticky toffee fig, blood orange sorbet, Yellison's goats curd, herbs
- Roast local turkey, sage and herb stuffing, own recipe chipolata, Sutton Bank bacon, Worsley cranberry sauce
- Roast sirloin of Sutton Bank Wagyu beef, Wagyu fat roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and Worsley Merlot beef jus
- Sous vide chunky cod loin, creamed Yukon Gold mash potato, curried mussels, charred lettuce, Yorkshire kale, smoked haddock kedgeree emulsion
- Handmade goats cheese and thyme ravioli, wild mushrooms, winter vegetables, parsley root, 30 month parmesan
- Worsley Arms individual Christmas pudding, proper Yorkshire rum custard and spiced brandy butter
- Aerated bitter dark chocolate with hazelnut, black cherry puree, de hydrated black cherry cake, hot black cherries, cherry sherbet, ice cream
- Three artisan cheeses from the Cheesemonger of the Year – jam, grapes, celery, biscuits
Freshly brewed coffee or Yorkshire tea, mince pie, Mallow & Fudge